Sunday 15 February 2015

Week 20 & 21: Alice's Adventures Off The Map II
12:55

Week 20 & 21: Alice's Adventures Off The Map II

These two weeks pretty much blurred into one so is a combination of two posts okay? I hope so.

Back to the project...we finally got a style guide sorted and the characters are beginning to be modelled! Wooooo! I'm pretty sure during every group meeting we've had, the 'we need to make an asset list' thing comes up...WE DID IT. It took long enough, but we got there.

Style guide
I've got the task of modelling/rigging/animating the White Rabbit which I'm actually super excited about. I've never rigged anything non-human so it should be challenging to say the least. At the beginning of week 20, I started concepting some costume ideas for the him.


I based the majority of his clothing on stereotypical items you'd find in the 1800s and because I did a character project on Jack the Ripper over the summer, it was super easy. I usually hate concepting with a passion but I actually really enjoyed it for once! Maybe it's 'cause I got to look at cute bunnies for 3 hours.

LOOK HOW CUTE HE IS

So cute. I asked the rest of my group which designs they liked best, and put them onto a separate document so I could iterate on them. By the end of Wednesday we still couldn't decide on one so I went ahead and started modelling the rabbit anyway, clothing can come later. Here's what he's looking like so far.
(Ignore the pivot. Oops.)
Something doesn't look quite right though and I'm not keen on the overall shape. So I've decided to go back to the drawing board and model the whole thing again. I also somehow managed to Turbosmooth him with 22 iterations and had to do a hard reboot. God knows how the hell I managed that.

I also went home for the weekend during week 20 and saw one of my favourite bands live, which was awesome, and then went to a Game of Thrones exhibition, which was also awesome. I got to sit in the Iron Throne and fall over whilst wearing an Oculus Rift. Fabulous. Well, I guess I'd better go and model more rabbits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment