Thursday 20 August 2015

Art Dump
02:50

Art Dump

So it's been a few months since my last post (oops), I am still alive though I can assure you. Well, sort of.

I've spent the past few months thinking of ideas for my FMP, however the thought of working on a project I've set myself for 3 months is absolutely terrifying me. What if I start to hate it half way through? I'm still not sure on what I want to do - character/environment wise anyway - I may do a mixture of the two, who knows.

I have been working on some personal stuff though, it's so nice being able to do work for myself again! I've started modelling/sculpting the Phurba dagger from Uncharted 2 and I'm planning on teaching myself substance painter when it comes to the texturing side of things.
I've also been involved in a summer project that a few people in first year set up. Dinosaurs yay! I decided to go with an armoured raptor of sorts, but after watching Alien for the millionth time, I decided to create a mixture of the Alien Queen and the velociraptor.


I finished modelling within a few days and I've began sculpting in the basic muscle structure. Here's how he's looking so far.


I'm kinda happy with how he's looking so far. Obviously I've still got a long way to go, but I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of ZBrush. I've been following an absolutely incredible tutorial by Jay Howse - he's awesome.

Muscle Pass
Final Detail Pass
I've also Polypainted him too, I tried to push myself as much as I could on this project as I'm not comfortable with creating models directly in ZBrush, I tend to create a base mesh in Max first.



0 comments:

Post a Comment