Sunday 19 April 2015

Week 29: Can it please just be over?
16:40

Week 29: Can it please just be over?

It actually feels pretty good to be back in the swing of things! Minus the fact we've all got to do presentations on Friday (welp), I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this week. Which is worrying.

I've been modelling and unwrapping random assets this week so you could say its been pretty chilled out. We're all focusing on the essay, presentation and character re-submission. There's so much going on at once it actually hurts. I've almost finished my essay, which is one less thing to worry about, however I've yet to write the conclusion. I'll get there eventually. The character re-submission is going quite well too! I haven't done too much on it yet as I've been focusing on other projects, but I've started to act on the feedback given to me in the last assessment. She already looks so much better!


door_corridor.JPG



I modelled a couple of different iron variations for the door between the lobby and the first corridor, however the one above was deemed the most suitable for the level. I'd tried to keep it similar to the railings we've got on the staircase in the lobby so nothing seems too random and out of place.

HighresScreenshot00000.png

You know when you've got what looks like a lot of stuff in a Max file? Then it looks like hardly anything in engine? Yep. We're going through that right now. In the group meeting we had this week, a couple of us are swapping assets and taking more on board in order to get our level looking as awesome as possible for the deadline. I mean, it's not the end of the world if it's not 100% perfect, it's never going to be, it'll just be nice to have something to be proud of. 


On the topic of presentations, I chose to do mine on one of my favourite games, Road Not Taken! I was thinking about doing it on Uncharted, but I was a little worried about fangirling my way through the whole thing. Woo. It actually went much better than what I thought it would! I was bricking it before-hand, but the feeling after you've done it is so good, I wanted to do it again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment