Saturday 26 April 2014

UDK? More like UDNay
17:42

UDK? More like UDNay

So the Easter holidays are over, which can only mean one thing - UDK deadline on Monday! I've spent the past 3 weeks crying on my keyboard because my alphas aren't working or there's a ridiculous issue where my materials aren't importing. So yeah, it's been a pretty 'fun' three weeks to say the least.

I really enjoyed this project as we hadn't done too much work within UDK before, so it was nice having some time to myself to figure it all out. It was also really nice to be able to experiment with new tools and revisit previous projects - and even create new assets to add into the scene. The collision meshes were hands down the most simple part of the process. I encountered a shed load of problems when importing my textures, half of the time they would't work or they'd just choose not to import. I assume this was probably something to do with my lack of knowledge using UDK, but after a few YouTube videos, I solved the issue and FINALLY began building my scene!


There's a few bits I want to fix up on this scene, which I'll revisit over the summer and hopefully get a better understanding of the program. I thought learning how to use 3DS Max was difficult...this is something else!

0 comments:

Post a Comment